Library and Media Center
The Banneker library is located in the center of the school, just as literacy is at the center of our instruction. We are very fortunate to have such a bright, inviting area to welcome our students into the world of literacy. Five classes visit Ms. Brownstein for library instruction each day for 45 minute periods. The lessons are coordinated with the grade level curriculum using Common Core State Standards and the American Association of School Librarian's 21st Century Learner Standards.
The library collection contains approximately 16,000 items, including books, class sets for teachers to use with groups of students, videos/dvds which enhance the curriculum, and educational magazines.
The library is available for open book checkout: 7:45 - 8:15 daily.
How to Use the Library Catalog:
- Type in the Search Bar a keyword, title, author, subject, or series
- Click on a title for more details on the book
Our spring Scholastic Book Fair will be held from Monday, May 23 - Friday, May 27, 2022. Please visit our Book Fair webpage to learn more!
- Click the link
- Click green "Delaware Accelerated Learning" button
- Scroll down to select "Milford School District"
- Click green "Sign in using Milford School District" button
- Click blue "Sign in with Google" button
- Select your account
- Book reviews and information for teachers.